I. Particulars of its organization, Functions and Duties :
- The J&K Medical Supplies Corporation Limited - JKMSCL is a fully owned company of Government of J&K, sanctioned for establishment vide Government Order No. 329-HME of 2013, dated 22.05.2013, pursuant to the Cabinet Decision No. 130/15/ 2013, dated 21.05.2013. It is modelled after Tamil Nadu Medical Supplies Corporation (TNMSC), for procurement of drugs, medicines and medical equipment, etc in the State of Jammu and Kashmir for the Department of Health and Medical Education and other Health institutions.
- Incorporated on 05.03.2014 under Companies Act, 1956 to streamline the procurement and supply of drugs, medicine, surgical and suture items to Government Health Institutions, JKMSCL has a pivotal role in setting standards of quality, transparency and accountability in the state.
- Jammu & Kashmir Medical Supplies Corporation Ltd. is a fully owned public sector undertaking of the Government of Jammu & Kashmir, which has the mandate for procurement and supply of quality drugs, medicines, surgical items and sutures to various Government health institutions in the state.
- The Corporate Offices are located in the summer capital at 121, Green Avenue Airport Road, Peerbagh, Srinagar and in the winter capital at plot No 9, Transport Nagar, Narwal – Jammu.
- The procurement of drugs and medicine, surgical and sutures is done on the request of Project Directors and Head of the Departments with deposit of funds.
- JKMSCL adopts the most transparent system in procurement. Utmost care is taken to procure quality drugs at most competitive rates. Representatives from many States are visiting JKMSCL to study its system and adopt the model in their respective States. Government of India and International Funding Agencies are convinced with the procurement system followed by JKMSCL and recommended to consider JKMSCL as the procurement agency for both external and internal funded projects.
- JKMSCL procures drugs through open tendering process from the original Manufacturers/Direct Importers in bulk, stocks in Drug ware Houses in the District and ensure their timely availability even in remotely located Health Institutions through rigorous and robust IT-enabled procurement and distribution process.
- JKMSCL got the approval/authorization by the Board of First Directors to initiate appropriate action regarding taking over of existing warehouses along with immovable and movable assets and staff, wherever existing to the JKMSCL, among the prerequisites to make JKMSCL functional, besides establishing the quality control section, identification and establishing of District Level Warehouses is of utmost importance.
- The Corporation spends public money in good faith and hence accountable. Our Sincere endeavour shall be to purchase quality drugs at lowest possible rates and make its timely availability to end users.
II. Powers and Duties of its Officers and Employees :
|1.||The responsibility and authority for the members of the management are defined here under:|